I've been going through some training material and not a single how-to article will get to the point in under three paragraphs - all of which is just the first two lines repeated in different ways. Like Jerry Seinfeld's stand-up routine, where he often cannot tell a joke and leave it at that; he has to explain it and go over it until you are desperate for someone, anyone to just step on a banana peel and end it all. (I love the Seinfeld show though.)
It's gotten so that I'll buy anything from anyone who says I'll get something else free, rather than "for free". I support the Anti Pointless Words movement, and it's going to get bitter and bloody if I have to go through anymore semi-literate drivel from those who should know better.
- ► 2011 (32)
- ► 2010 (32)
- White tigers, slumdogs and softening of the brain
- The sun also rises in Burdubai
- The Englishness of America
- The debt gene
- A curious lack of bonhomie
- So was the winner of the marathon a perfect 10?
- What's that song?
- Don't you point that word at me
- TFN nights: Chinna, chinna asai
- Day seven: Diamonds and rust
- Day six: All the roadrunning
- ▼ January (11)
- ► 2008 (83)
- ► 2007 (48)